Blog Background

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend Update and A Lesson in TP

This weekend was nice in that it felt pretty relaxing; which in turn seems to make it feel slightly longer. The exhaustion of Mr. Cookie, having been working 16 hour days and traveling so much, became very clear to all on Saturday as I'm not sure which one was awake more: Mini Chip or Mr. Cookie!

After our wore out guy got some much needed rest he proceeded to get lots done in lawn care and garage clean out on Sunday. Sunday evening we were blessed with a visit from the young couple who will be staying in our house while we are in Arizona. It was nice to introduce the kids and to show them around.

Over the weekend, I was reminded of a lesson I learned recently. We moved into this beautiful house 7 years ago this July 1 and the toilets have been overflowing almost daily since that day. Not too long ago Mr. Cookie and I decided we had had enough and called the plumber to just clean all the pipes, all the way to the street, enough was enough! However, instead this very wonderful plumber suggested to me that the toilet paper we used was the source of the problem, to try using lighter weight TP and see how it went.

Well, let me just tell you that I have spent a good portion of my life on a quest for the softest and most wonderful TP on the market and truly believed I had found it! I took his suggestion and set out to prove him wrong! No way was I giving up my TP!

It has now been about 2 months since that day. And I CANNOT even force that stupid toilet to overflow!! And believe me, I have tried!! LOL :-)

All kidding aside the new toilet paper is actually not bad and I LOVE not having the toilet issue. Even the kids are starting to flush again rather than being afraid of a nasty mess. I never would have guessed that TP had managed to become too good for our toilets to process.

Blessings come in so very many different shapes, sizes, and weights!!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment