Blog Background

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Advent Time

As a child, I celebrated Advent with my mom and siblings. I can tell you that I have the memory of the candles in the wreath and a peaceful feeling and that the candles were pink and purple.
This year I have made our own Advent wreath. The candles are not colored the same as when I was a child but we are celebrating Advent just the same. We light a candle every Sunday of Advent and read specific verses from the Bible about the Old Testament prophecy and the New Testament fulfillment of that prophecy.
Also, each one of the kids have made an Advent calendar and together we are reading this book: Jotham's Journey.
It is a wonderful and fun book. We truly look forward to reading it each day. The story is very entertaining and exciting even while it teaches us things we did not know and reminds us of things we did know about this awesome time of celebrating Jesus birth.

Celebrating,

Mrs. Cookie

1 comment: