Blog Background

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Returning to normal...

Today we are working on getting back to a normal routine. For me the 'by the seat of your pants' way of life is ideal (at least in theory LOL!). However, not for my children. And not if I want to have anything really get done. This morning with tears in her eyes, Chocolate Chip asked if we could please go back to school. What could I say. There is something about routine and structure that humans thrive on... especially little humans.
Cleaning our classroom and reorganizing is a must before we can actually start learning. After some cleaning, the children went outside to run off some energy and just play and be kids that are not in a car driving somewhere. They played soccer with a volleyball. :-)
 I picked the weeds from the rocks and started making rolls for supper. My husband loves bread and I have been trying forever to figure it out. I got rustic bread down, well almost. Now I am trying yet another recipe for regular bread. One of these times I am going to get it. Yesterday was not it... today is still hopeful. :-) I'll let you know how it goes.
 This afternoon we played some math games and laughed together... :-)
 We tried a new recipe for Hamburger Stroganoff for supper with those rolls. It was really good but a little salty. The rolls were pretty good, but the Roll Man wasn't here when they came out of the oven, so, we will have to try again. Good thing I shaped and froze half of the recipe... :-)

Peanut Butter Cookie arrives here tomorrow! YEAH!! We are sooo excited to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment