Blog Background

Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Monday!

This week we are doing our CAT testing for Chocolate Chip and Oreo Cookies. By testing now we have a baseline of where they are education-wise for their homeschool time. I will only test in the spring from here on out.
Butterscotch Chip doesn't need to test since she was in homeschool last year too and already did the testing in the fall of 2009 and the spring of 2010.
Session 1 has gone very well, tomorrow will be session 2.
I have been so sore lately (REALLY sore!), with headaches and the whole deal. I wasn't really sure why I hurt so bad, but I tried everything I could think of and it actually made matters worse! So, I went to the chiropractor last Thursday. When Friday came, I didn't think I was going to make it! It was a good but rough weekend, so, today I went to a different chiropractor. I didn't know when I made the appointment that it was a free consultation, x-rays, and 20 minute massage! Wow!  Turns out I had a couple ribs out of place and tightness and knots... extremely painful! I am not fixed yet, I still cannot turn my head to look at something without turning my whole body - I look ridiculous! But I am on the mend, I think. I go back Wednesday to get the results of the x-rays and maybe a treatment plan.

Oh, last Thursday after the chiropractor, I went to this great store, Sprouts. It's a grocery store. It is awesome in that they carry alot of their food in bulk! Bring on the baggies of flour, oatmeal, dried fruit, nuts, spices, and soo much more! LOVE IT!! But the best part is, I met this wonderful gal from Wisconsin. She moved here a couple of days after me. She loves it here because back home she was always cold... I never had that problem... the opposite in fact...
Anyway, she told me about this co-op for fresh produce and I am SOOO excited to try it! I do not get to order until tomorrow and pick-up is not until Saturday, but I cannot wait! Here is the link to the website: www2.bountifulbaskets.org I know it doesn't cover Minnesota, but maybe there is something similar to it there. Check it out, and if you find something up there, let me know!
I know that some of you are waiting for the post about Nate's Reggata from last weekend. I have the post written, but I have to collect pictures from others because our camera was on the fritz that weekend. We are going over for supper tonight where I can get them, so be looking for the post later tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment